That crisp and cool Fall weather has officially arrived, and you know what that means: bathing suit season is over and in celebration, I’m sharing the most outrageous desserts in Dallas-Fort Worth! Sure, they’re a site to be seen but each is as outrageously delicious, too. Whether you live in the area or are just visiting, be sure to check out or top picks to cure that sweet tooth!
- Restaurant 506 (Arlington): One of the coolest if not visually-appealing desserts in the area is Arlington’s Restaurant506’s Chocolate Destruction. Vanilla ice cream and mixed berries are joined together inside of a thin chocolate sphere. Then, chef pours hot fresh caramel over the sphere to create complete and delicious destruction – the Chocolate Destruction!
- Whisk Crepes (Dallas): Not only is Whisk one of my favorite spots to dine at, they also offer some seriously delicious sweet crepes that are not to be missed! One that particularly stands out is the Cookies & Cream crepe, made with cookie cream, fresh strawberries, vanilla ice cream, chocolate sauce and crushed cookies. Trust me, you’ll want to lick the plate clean it is so darn good!
- The Keeper (Plano): New at The Shops at Legacy across from Mexican Sugar is The Keeper, a modern seafood restaurant that focuses on freshness and sustainability. It’s important to end a fantastic dinner on a high note The Keeper’s Bubble Waffle Sundae doesn’t disappoint. Made with Sweethouse ice cream, marshmallow fluff, butter rum sauce, and caramelized pineapple, it is as delicious as it is instagram worthy!
- Hypnotic Emporium (Dallas): Located in East Dallas, just down the road from the Dallas Arboretum is Hypnotic Emporium, an old-fashioned ice cream parlor that serves up tons of delicious treats and has a wide array of vintage candies. However, it is their Cloud Cone that is too outrageous not to include in my list. A traditional ice cream cone stuffed full of Denton’s Beth Marie’s ice cream and then wrapped in your choice of cotton candy that is made on the spot.
- Lumi Snow (Fort Worth): Based on the Taiwanese concept of “shaved snow”, Lumi Snow brings this unique, delicious and outrageous dessert to North Texas. With a menu that has endless combinations that you can create on your own, or with the help of their menu, anyone and everyone is sure to find a “snow” that they love here at Lumi!
- Stirr (Dallas): Head on over to Deep Ellum’s Stirr Restaurant and you’ll be greeted with outrageous desserts, alright! My personal favorite? Stirr’s Tower of S’mores! With graham cracker crunch, chocolate ganache, pretzel cream, graham cracker ice cream, a giant chocolate brownie, toasty marshmallow meringue, and a pretzel and cocoa nib crumble, you’ll be drooling all over yourself with this one!